What is Child Dedication?
The parents are publicly dedicating themselves to guide their child in Christian living and lead their child to seek a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
It is an opportunity for family and friends as well as the entire congregation to publicly acknowledge their support of the parents in fulfilling their vows.
During the dedication service, a pastor prays for God's blessing upon the child.
Steps Towards Child Dedication:
Register your child for dedication by contacting the office at 543-8233.
You will be asked to provide the following:
1. Parent's names
2. Child's first, middle and last name
3. Child's birth date
4. Place of birth (city, province/state)
5. Picture of your child
6. Which service you would like to have your child
You will also be asked to attend a meeting with our Lead
Pastor and Pastor of Children's Ministries prior to your child's dedication.
Elements of a Child Dedication Service:
• A clear statement of the meaning and significance of
Child Dedication is given.
• The Pastor calls the parents and child forward and
• The name and meaning of the child's name is stated
and an appropriate verse is read.
• The parents are asked "Do you dedicate your child to the
Lord and commit yourselves to raise him/her in the love
and nurture of Jesus?"
• The certificate of dedication and a Bible are given to